Select the first letter of your county to find a HOME BOARDER near you
For most of the year our dogs are loved and pampered by us; they enjoy our company and we theirs. Then, when we go and enjoy ourselves on holiday, they are put in a strange environment which can mean many hours of solitude. Do you really want this for your dog?
Until relatively recently, unless you had a friend, neighbour or relative who would take your dog in, there has not been an alternative to boarding kennels. Now there is
Complete peace of mind for you and your dog
Large variety and great prices
How much more would you enjoy your own holiday knowing your dog was being cared for by a loving family with all the creature comforts they were used to? Browse through this site to see how HOME BOARDING may benefit you and your dog.
As dog owner's are becoming aware of Home Boarding it is becoming more and more popular so please try and book your carer well in advance of your holiday or trip away as places are always limited for this special type of care.
Many of the companies and individuals who provide Home Boarding also provide other services including:-
Choosing a Home Boarder
As with everything the quality and standard of services provided by the Home Boarders listed on this site varies. The NHBR do NOT check or vet any of the businesses listed and so you must make sure that you are happy to leave your dogs with any Home Boarder prior to your holiday or time away.
Some questions you might like to ask :-
- Do the dogs live in the house and where?
- Are the Home Boarders insured and what does it cover? Ask to see the certificate.
- Where will the dogs be staying and can I visit the boarder before my holiday?
- Are the Home Boarders licensed by the local Council?
Now this alternative is available the benefits are easy to see :-
- Your dog lives in a home environment
- Any feeding regime can me maintained
- You supply the food so there is less chance of any upset tummy that changes in food can often cause
- At least 2 good walks per day or as your instructions
- Company (your dog is never left alone for long periods but check with the carer how long)
- Please contact your local Home Boarders to discuss any special needs your dog may have
If you have any comments about our site or have any suggestions on how we could improve it then please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org